segunda-feira, 13 de dezembro de 2010
Coxinha de Frango
"Coxinha de Frango"
(versão em português)
Brazilian fried chicken balls or Chicken Croquette
to Seth and Judy
. 1 chicken breast with bone (about 1 kg)
. 6 cups of water
. 2 chicken bouillon cubes
1. Cook the chicken in the water with the chicken bouillon cubes...
... until it is soft (about 20 minutes)
2. Separate the meat and reserve the cooking water (broth)
3. Remove the white meat of the bone. Shred the chicken well and reserve for the filling
. 300g potatoes cooked and mashed
. 100g butter or shortening
. 5 cups all purpose flour
. 1 egg yolk
. 6 cups of reserved broth
1. In a saucepan add the broth, butter, mashed potatoes
2. Add flour and egg yolk and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon, for 3 minutes until dough is formed. It will leave the sides of the pan (turns into a ball). Add flour to adjust the doug if necessary. Remove from the heat and bring to a surface where you can knead the dough.
3. No need to knead too much, just a little bit to leave it soft.
. The shredded chicken breast that was reserved
. 1 medium onion, finely chopped
. 1 tomato, chopped, seeds removed
. 1 butter tablespoon
. parsley, finely chopped
. If you want to put a little more red, use a little paprika
1. In a large pan over high heat, heat the butter and add the onion. Cook until it get golden
2. Add remaining ingredients except the parsley should be added at the end
3. Taste if salt needed
4. Cooked for a minute or two, and remove from the heat
5. Let cool before using
Making the croquettes
Using your fingers, open the palm of your hand, a bit of dough, forming a circle.
Put a little of filling in the middle...
... and close tips.
Shape like a chicken leg.
Dip the croquettes into beaten egg...
... then roll in more bread crumbs
Then fry the croquettes in hot oil